OK so those of you who don't know Jacob has been raising two pigs Jazz and Bacon. Now on Thursday July 31st it was the beginning of something new to me The Stock Show!!! No mind you Craig had to go to work and my brother in-law and nephew were helping me with getting the pigs to the show and into their new stall.... Now I have no idea how things work I just new that Jake had to have a white western shirt and black wranglers and a black tie... So now it is 6:00 a.m on Thursday Jacob is shoveling his cereal into his mouth so that he can hurry and get outside to help cousin Tyler with the pigs..... He is now outside and they are washing the pigs down in the horse trailer.. We decided to only take one of Jake's pigs Dean my brother in-law didn't think he would have made weight...
So now we are at the weighing station at the fair... I was worried that Bacon would not even match up to Tylers pigs...But guess what our pig out weighed Tyler's two pigs.. Bacon weighed 288..... So all is going well I think that I like this stuff. It is fun watching Jake.
We are now going to be doing Showmanship so Jake decided to use one of Tyler's pigs since Bacon was a little bit wired and to excited for him to go out into the open arena.. So he gets out there with a million other 3 graders... And it was crazy for a bit but he finally got control of the pig. He didn't place in that event but he had a smile on his face the whole time and he looked so Hansom.....
My mom and Dad came out to watch Jake. They sure enjoy watching what ever he is doing they are GREAT... They of coarse gave him 10.00 dollars for just being a great kid. He liked that part... Still everything is going well... I am still liking this stuff.
Craig finally came @ 6:30 p.m and we went out to dinner. After we went back to the fair to check on the pigs... And I walked Craig thru the day events. So that he will be ready for Friday the 1st. Since I get to sit back and enjoy......
OK now it is day 2 of the Stock Show. Jake and Craig head over to the pigs and 5:45 a.m yes you know Craig he likes to be early the show wasn't going to start until 8:30 a.m... Crazy man. But I got to go at 8:00 a.m. So today they will be judging the pig only... Jake was going to be showing Bacon. So Craig and Jake gave him a bath and put baby powder and baby oil over him so that he looked white and shiny.. He sure looked hansom in his white shirt and blue wranglers and blue tie... He did AWSOM he had a smile on his face the whole time and he kept one arm behind his back... Bacon did well also... THe judge went up and talked to him about his pig and told him that he got 2nd place.... SO he was sooooooo happy to get that ribbon...
Now tomorrow is the sale... So keep your fingers crossed that he sales Bacon....mmmmmmmmmmBacon... Ha Ha.
Enjoy the pictures of the Stock Show so far I will post Saturdays tomorrow night..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment